Bibles for Grade 7 learners
To make Bibles available free of charge to Grade 7 learners in schools in the poorest parts of our country.
- According to the latest available statistics, there are nearly one million Grade 7 learners in schools in South Africa, the vast majority of whom are in state schools.
- Grade 7 learners are the target group for this project because they can read with understanding. They are at the start of their teenage years and are easily influenced. The biblical message can help to establish a value system which will assist them in making the right choices.
- The project is managed in a responsible manner. Churches and Christian organisations are particularly used to identify the schools in need of Bibles. Each child also receives a booklet Help! How should I read my Bible?.
- In 2019, 26 184 Grade 7 learners, in schools mainly in poor areas of our country, received a Bible of their own.
- The living message of the Word can help to anchor these children in their faith.
- It will help churches and Christian organisations that work with these children, as more children will have Bibles.
- For some of these children, the Bible they receive is the only Bible in the home.
How can you help?
Every R100 received will help to make a Bible and a copy of the booklet Help! How should I read my Bible? to Grade 7 learners who cannot afford one of their own.
Make a difference. Be a sower of hope.
* Please use reference code: 1535