IsiZulu Bible translation
To make a Bible translation available in today's isiZulu.
- The translation of the isiZulu Bible, currently used by most Zulu people, was completed over 50 years ago. Continuous development in the language, combined with additional development in among others Bible translation, has necessitated a new translation.
- As the existing Bible does not use the language the way it is spoken today, younger isiZulu speakers especially find they cannot understand everything.
- Two full-time translators, working from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic source texts, started this project in 2009. On completion of the translation, the text is reviewed by a Review Committee. The project should hopefully be completed by end of 2018.
- The translation has a website www.isizulubible.co.za where proof translations can be read for comment.
- With the Bible translated into the language of today, many isiZulu speakers, especially the youth, will have a better understanding of the Bible.
How can you help?
An amount of R943 148 is needed to ensure that the work on this translation continues in 2017.