Hear the Word
To make the complete Bible available in audio format in all our country's official languages for people who prefer to hear the Word.
- Millions of South Africans are functionally illiterate and unable to read well.
- Millions more live in a post-literate society where people no longer read.
- Bibles are available on the Audibible – a rechargeable device designed to be used anywhere.
- The Bible Listening Programme encourages groups to listen to the Bible together and discuss what they hear.
- Single-voice recordings are used. Currently, the complete Bible is available in Afrikaans (1933/1953 and 1983), English, isiZulu, Sepedi, Setswana, Sesotho and isiXhosa.
- The recordings of the Siswati, Tshivenda, Xitsonga and isiNdebele Bibles should be completed this year.
- Through participation in listening groups, people will have the opportunity to work through the Bible, possibly leading to spiritual growth.
- Illiterate people can listen to the Bible in a safe environment and, at the same time, develop their literacy skills.
How can you help?
R250 000 is needed for the Bible Listening Programme in 2018.
Make a difference. Be a sower of hope.
* Please use reference code: 1170