Hear the Word
To make the complete Bible available in audio format in all our country's official languages for people who prefer to hear the Word.
- Millions of South Africans are functionally illiterate and unable to read well.
- Millions more live in a post-literate society where people no longer read.
- Bibles are available on the Audibible – a small rechargeable device designed to be used anywhere.
- The Bible Listening Programme encourages groups to listen to the Bible together and discuss what they hear.
- Single-voice recordings are used and currently the complete Bible is available in Afrikaans (1933/1953 and 1983), English, isiZulu, Sepedi, Setswana, Sesotho, isiXhosa, Siswati, Tshivenda, Xitsonga and isiNdebele.
- Through participation in listening groups, people will have the opportunity to work through the Bible, possibly leading to spiritual growth.
- Illiterate people can listen to the Bible in a safe environment and, at the same time, develop their literacy skills.
How can you help?
Every R100 received will help with the distribution of Audibibles through the Bible Listening Programme in 2020.
Make a difference. Be a sower of hope.
* Please use reference code: 1170